Imagine yourself looking at some fashion websites, websites that target women over 40, 40+ not really savvy with the ins and outs computers,are you? Do you find it difficult to navigate the website? Many websites are still designed to look contemporary but it is lacking in its usability and speed. When you design your website, you will need to take into consideration two primary factors that will determine if your website is a success or dud.
1. Is your website user friendly?
2. Is your website optimised?
Is your website user friendly?
If your website is not easy to navigate, your visitors will leave your website in quick time. This will result in a high bounce rate and low retention rate as measured by your search engines. In other words it failed in users good feel and experience while at your website.
Is your website optimised?
Truly, if your website is not optimised and can’t be found by search engines and ranked accordingly, what are the chances that your services and products be found by your potential customers? If you products and services are not visible to your potential customers, how can your website assist you to grow your brand to increase sales?
What is the problem?
Small businesses need to be lean and be very careful in using your resources wisely. When small business owners want to get an online presence, very likely that they will first slap on a home page, without regard to (1) and (2) above. This simplistic approach may have save a couple of hundred dollars to the small business owner, but the time wasted (which has monetary value) for a web page that does nothing to improve the business bottom line is pretty much useless and might as well not have it!
The savvy business owners would rather focus on their core competencies, where their time will better spent on their businesses. Their fundamental consideration for all investments will be the ROI. To put it simply “How much money am I putting into the investment against how much money will I make in the long run!” Whether the investment is sustainable?
Are you interested in getting new customers?
Your website is your 24/7 sales person representing your business online. If you want get new leads to your business, it is important that you follow the guidelines below;
- Ensure that the website that you create is adequately optimised and will therefore be indexed by search engines such as
- Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Your front page must be engaging, user friendly and the key information listed
- Pay careful attention to navigation and usability
- Include attractive images, graphics and videos
- If you want your customers to be able to easily purchase your products directly from you, then add an online shop
- You must update your website regularly and keep current, adding a blog will allow your potential buyers a look at behind the scenes, and the content will be refreshed regularly
- Put on your social media buttons to let your website visitors share your offers easily
These are only some of the things that you should consider for your online presence to grow your brand.